Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blog 25: Mentorship

  Literal

·     Log of specific hours with a total and a description of your duties

Mentorship Log

 

 

·     Contact Name & Number

Rhomy Reid (626) 962-3577

 

 

    Interpretive

     What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?

I think the most important thing I've gained was the friend I made, the stories are heard and caring for these wonderful animals with such great spirits and life inside them. It's so sad and touching to see such beautiful animals that were abused by such cruel people, still have a chance at life. They still have a positive outlook and we try our best to them adopted.

 

 

   Applied

     How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ?  Please explain

 

The whole animal shelter experience was a very great experience, but I didn't understand the importance of this until later on when I explored the roles o rehabilitation. The goal that we do at the shelter is exactly that- rehabilitating an animals mental and physical health so that it can be social with humans once again and be introduced to another loving home environment. Although the end product is difference from my topic- where the goal is to introduce them to the wild and avoid humans- it was a great insight on the specifics of caring for an abused and injured animal. I can better interpret fear and and stress of a strayed animal and how to handle them. This helped me find my most essential answer- initial approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment