Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blog 23: 2014 Interview

Who did you interview and what house are they in?

I interviewed  Alfredo Pantera Nunez. He is in East house.


What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?

"Well i was thinking about two things, I'm not quite sure which would be easier or better. I was thinking Paintball because I love the sport and there's this small shop where i could possibly get an internship at for service hours. but I also wanted to do aeronautics because I love airplanes and flying, but i'm not too sure if i should do it from the engineering p.o.v or like a pilot kind of thing. I feel like aeronautics would be alot harder to find internships for though .

I replied,

There are some restrictions on what you can do, if the classes or equipment is too expensive or hard to get into. I would say stick with whatever you can be most passionate about in your two hour as well as for sure mentorship.


What do you plan to do for your summer 10 hour mentorship experience?

Well I have paintball equipment, and i mean i think i could probably play paintball as an independent component kind of thing, i'm not too sure what i'd do for the aeronautical mentorship. but i can find an internship at a paintball shop. And I think i can get pretty passionate with either topic.


What do you hope to see or expect to see in watching the 2013 2-hour presentations?

Hmm, that's a good question, I'd really enjoy watching my Cousins presentation? but i just want to see all the hard work and skills acquired over the four years at i poly.


What questions do you have that I can answer about senior year or senior project (or what additional information did you tell them about senior year or senior project)?

Think that's pretty much it,  I think the only question i'd have is a suggestion on which topic you think would make a better senior project.

I replied,

Well, You don't need to make a commitment over the summer, you're just trying it out and see if you like it/ can deal with it. I would stick with the paintball internship this summer and see how it plays out. You can look further into aeronautics, but it seems like a broad topic and very hard to get experience in.

No comments:

Post a Comment